Test of Honour battle report - Tadashi's beat down

Time for another foray into Test of Honour

This match was a simple game of annihilation! 

My Buntai 

  • Tadashi the Dishonored
  • Bandit Bruiser
  • Loyal Samurai
  • Sargent
  • Experienced archers
  • Ninja group
  • Loyal ashigaru spearmen

The opponents

  • Experienced archers
  • Loyal ashigaru spearmen
  • Ashigaru spearman
  • Ashigaru bannerman
  • 2 x ashigaru gunmen
  • Samurai Hero
  • Wise Samurai
  • Devoted Samurai  

The match started off with us placing our forces opposite each-other with no grand plan in mind.. talking for myself at least!



The warcry went out and troops on both sides rushed out towards the middle. I was a little worried of the guns and bowmen from the opponent so I played it safe with my heroes ensuring that they were either behind cover or used the stealth action to gain a free evade.
My loyal samurai on the right hand ran forward for his sneaky flanking maneuver.




I found I wasn't quite getting the activation I needed and found that my Sargent was left behind at the start line.  Not great as his skill only comes into effect when he is with fellow "common" troops as he gives them a free charge. Much needed considering that common troops only have the single activation to play with per turn.


My opponent was attempting a flanking action of his own and thanks to the big houses we had not seen eachother! There was a lot of micro movement with each of us trying to ensure that our samurai was not going to get charged without retaliation.  One of the skill cards I pulled from the deck was that of "duel" so both these guys would be forced to kill eachother before anybody else.. thats fine by me!


The next turn saw an epic battle between our two samurai. Mine a regular samurai, his with the unarmoured "upgrade", which gives 1 extra agility but also will be more easily hurt when an attack does find its mark. The combat was drawn out over many turns with my opponent rolling amazingly well on the avoid rolls, which caused my samurai to start racking up blood drops as the opponent would do a quick jab after each of my attacks.   I started to get a bit hesitant as each of my attacks kept resulting in my guy getting hurt...  I was only going to make him commit seppku when he got back home so I pressed the attack!



Next up, the opponent sent his samurai into battle with the intention of cutting down my hero Tadashi to which he has a deep grudge against. 


However Tadashi wasn't having any of this and having wisely saved up his activation tokens, promptly rushed forward and instantly killed the opponents Samurai Hero.  There may or may not have been use of his "dirty trick" I cannot say.. eh eh eh

After giving this beat-down, Tadashi used his last activation to also kill off the nearby Samurai.
Unarmoured samurai are very difficult to kill if they have a spare activation and so can use them on avoiding. However if they are out of activation's and can no longer do a dodge then they are very squishy indeed.


Tadashi and his bandit friend were now in the open with two angry musketmen aiming their sights. at them. Musketmen have a bonus to damage and my heroes with now 0 activation's left were in danger of being shot to death. My heroes although absolutely covered in dishonour deserved a death better than that.... Luckily the bush the musketmen were cowardly hiding behind also obscured their shots and their bullets flew harmlessly to the side.


With the samurai duel going nowhere, I decided to bring in some support in the form of my ninjas! 
They came running into battle and threw their ninja stars. Unfortunately they failed to hit their mark.... damn unarmoured samurai certainly had his dancing shoes on.

With the unarmoured samurai now out of activations my samurai finally was able to cut down the tapdancing fairy..   The crowd went wild with applause... or so I told myself.


My spearmen finally join the battle and charged the opponents spearmen. Blows were traded and one of the opponents spearmen was impaled.  My archers continued to shoot ineffectually, especially after having managed to score a critical failure when trying to shoot and managing to plonk an arrow in their feet.. idiots! 


Now angered by the insult of pointing a gun at the great Tadashi, he charged headlong into the bushes to teach the musketmen the error of their ways.



As can be expected he started to carve a bloody path through them. Alas however the time ran out and we called it there.




Are you looking for a gaming club in the South East of England? 
If so join us at Wycombe Warband.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Battlefleet Gothic - Getting started guide

Samurai Minis comparison and review

Journey into 3d Design for Battlefleet Gothic